A hybrid bike is one of the best innovations in the riding world since it succeeded for fusing an urban and a traditional bicycle to suit your specific desires and needs—as a city dweller.
Lately, you have been discussing about your plans of buying a hybrid bike, but you are unaware of what you’re expecting from one. You’re also asking, “What is a hybrid bike?”
To give a good glimpse, check out this guide to learn about its offers for you as well as two good recommendations you will find out later in this post.
A hybrid bicycle can work on almost all types of terrain since it’s perfect for the urban dweller like you—as it possesses the characteristics of both a road bike and a mountain bike.
It comes with well-developed features for that added comfort and style. Here are the main benefits:
- It has an upright frame to offer a comfortable and relaxed riding position.
- It has a stouter frame to handle more weight than any other bike, both for the rider or for the cargo. It also absorbs any road pressure.
- Hybrid bikes may also come with a wide tire for improved stability and traction.
- It has lighter rims for faster riding.
- It comes with lighter components and taller gears for a speedy ride.
Hybrid Bikes: For Men versus For Women
Knowing what hybrid bikes are all about, you may be thinking what make a man’s hybrid bicycle different from that of a woman. You can check my previous post about hybrid bikes for women here.
Those for men differ from those of women for the bike’s geometrical make as well as differences in the saddles and in the handlebars.
Back in the day, women don’t have much choice because they used to ride a man’s bike that required longer strides.
Why is that so?
Men have longer torsos, shorter legs and wider shoulder, so a man’s bike is designed with longer top tubes, giving women a lot of discomfort while a woman’s bike has shorter top tubes, posing riding inconvenience for men.
Some Hybrid Bikes for Men
Knowing some of the basic things about hybrid bikes would certainly allow you to make a better choice when it comes to buying one.
If you’re looking at a brand or model right now, don’t forget to check out the bike’s full specifications so that you will not have regrets for buying it.
Should you want to take a closer look at two of the most in demand and highly desirable models of today, go ahead and check out the following:
1.Schwinn Men’s Prelude Hybrid Bicycle
This hybrid bike from Schwinn is suited for commuting as well as for fitness or pleasure when riding it. Schwinn hybrid bicycle is highly developed and built from tough quality aluminum frame to last longer on the road. It also possesses a forgiving Schwinn Road Fork and Drop Handlebars.
To provide you a fast riding experience on any road condition, this bike is built with a Shimano 14-speed drivetrain that’s equipped with a responsive A050 model shifter as well as a super lightweight alloy crank for a faster riding.
Straps and clips for the pedal enable you for an increased efficiency when turning the deep-dish 700c alloy wheels.
What’s also good about this hybrid bike is that it includes a dual-pivot road brake that compromises of alloy levers, a kickstand and a fully comfortable Schwinn road saddle.
- Schwinn Aluminum Drop Bar Road Frame
- 700c Wheel Size
- 14 speed drivetrain
- Schwinn Approved Crank Alloy 42/52 tooth road
- Road Double Derailleur
- A Shimano A050 Bar Mounted Shifter
- KMC Z-51 Black Chain
- Schwinn Rim Alloy x 36 holes and QR Hub Alloy x36 holes
- 14-gram Black Spokes
- Schwinn 700 x 25c Road Tires
- Road with Strap and Toe Clip Pedals
- Dual-Pivot Road Brakes
- Alloy Road Brake Lever
- Road Shallow-Drop Handlebar
- Schwinn Road Ahead Stem
- Schwinn Padded Road Saddle
- Foam Wrap Color Matched Grips
- 2 Alloy Seatpost
- Clear-coated Paint & Graphics
- Straps and Clips for Toes
The Schwinn Prelude hybrid bike is the perfect one for a daytime or nighttime ride. This hybrid bike features all the things you are looking for a good investment, whether you are a biking enthusiast or amateur.
2. Takara Sugiyama Hybrid Bicycle
The Takara Sugiyama Fixie bike keeps things simple. It is highly affordable while offering a great quality hybrid bike.
It offers bike lovers a fast and great riding experience with an assurance of safety and comfort while riding. At the heart of this bike is a strong and durable handcrafted steel frame.
It has horizontal dropouts that keep it strong to whatever type of road abuse it may meet in the big city.
Since most urban riders do not need a derailleur, Kent built the Sugiyama by incorporating a Flip-Flop Hub, allowing riders to run or bike around through a fixed gear as well as a single-speed standard freewheel mode.
This is made possible without worrying about adjustment to make with its temperamental components.
- Flat Bar Fixie Bike with a Handcrafted Steel Frame
- Flip-Flop hub for a Freewheel or a fixed gear, single speed mode
- 32-hole Alloy Wheels
- Side-Pull Brakes
- 700 x 32 tires
- Front & Rear Alloy
The Sugiyama Fixie Bike is capable of enduring imperfect road conditions, allowing a smooth riding experience without having to spend much. What’s also good about the bike is that you can easily get any accessories or parts for replacement.
3.Diamondback 2013 Men’s Edgewood Sport
Engineers have all the right to explain what their creation is all about. They know everything about the parameters of their final craft. However, with this new model of the Diamondback, the Diamondback Edgewood,there is no need for its creator to explain all its features, for the greatness of this model is just so hard to miss.
The Diamondback Edgewood combines the same relaxed contact point features of a comfort bike with the big smooth-rolling 700c wheels of a road bike. The heart of the bike is the DB 6061-T6 Aluminum hybrid geometry frame with formed tubes and a replaceable derailleur hanger. Coupled with a comfort suspension 63mm travel fork, the ride is nothing but smooth and efficient.
The 2013 Edgewood is blue and comes in four sizes: SM (15″), M (17″), LG (19″), XL (21″). From the simple to the sophisticated, you’ll find the path, neighborhood, and around town bike you’re after in the comfort geometry of the Diamondback Edgewood.
Every detail and parts of Diamondback 2013 Men’s Edgewood Sport Hybrid Bike is very fitting for all kinds of bikers. This have made its name and have placed in the Top Performance on hybrid category. Ideal for commuting, exercising or pleasure riding, this ride is just the right one for you.
- Frame: DB 6061-T6 Aluminum Sport Hybrid Geometry w/ formed tubes, replaceable derailleur Hanger
- Fork: Sport Comfort suspension 63mm travel
- Cranks: Comfort Steel Arm w/chainguard, 28/38/48t
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge Type
- Shifter: Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 7spd
- Brake Levers: Shimano EF-51
- Brakes: Tektro Alloy Linear
- Cassette: Shimano 7spd MegaRange Freewheel (14-34t)
- Rims: 32h SSW700 Double Tunnel Alloy
- Tires: Kenda Cross 700x40c
- Pedals: Avenir Comfort Platform
- Handlebar: Steel 50mm Riser
- Stem: Alloy Adjustable Quill
- Seatpost: Alloy Suspension 27.2mm
- Seat: DB Deluxe Hybrid Double Density Base
- Headset: Threaded 1 1/8″
- Chain: KMC-Z51
- Hubset: (F) 32h Alloy QR (R) 32h Alloy QR
- Spokes: 14g
- Grips: Avenir Ergo 3-D Comfort
This is one of best-buy hybrid bikes on amazon. Thumbs up to Diamondback Company!
A hybrid bike is certainly an innovative bicycle this new age that is perfect to all the riding enthusiasts who are looking for a comfortable and stylish city or urban ride.
Definitely, spending some time on research will help you come up with the best decision. You should determine the features you’re impressed on and look for those on several hybrid bicycles out there.